Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prague

I can't believe I'm finally getting to this post the day before we leave for another weekend trip. This week has been crazy! I'll tell you about that after all of the Prague stuff, though. First things first.

So Prague...was great! We did so many fun things--we had a couple of walking tours of the city, a great boat ride which included a lunch buffet, and a tour of the Jewish ghetto. We also had a fair amount of free time for shopping and wandering around the city. 

Standing by the bridge during our free time.

Boys on the boat cruise!

Wearing yarmulkes at the Jewish museum.

Having a beer with Hillary on our night out!

I really enjoyed Prague a lot. It's so different from any city I've seen before. The colors of the buildings are different, the smells are different, and the people are different. I was excited to hear the language, but when I got there I realized it was near impossible to even repeat a word in Czech once we heard it. Our tour guide, Donna, was hilariously trying to get us to repeat really complicated Czech words with a bunch of consonants in a row. She was wonderful and really cute.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but this month the Eurocup Tournament (soccer) is being held in Vienna...meaning there are tourists everywhere. We ended up seeing a lot of tourists while we were in Prague, too, which I think was one of the only downsides to the weekend. The other bad thing--money. Our dollar is doing so badly that within one year it went from $1=25 Kc to $1=16 Kc. We were expecting to buy a lot of cheap stuff, but that didn't really happen. 

Overall, Prague was wonderful! I don't know if I'll ever get back there, but if I do I would be very happy!

Great view of the city!

The main square where Michael and I ate lunch.


p.s. I almost completely forgot! On Saturday, temperatures in Prague reached the highest for May they've reached since 1870! It was ridiculous--almost 100 degrees! 

1 comment:

AJ said...

Cait, it's so exciting to hear about all your adventures in Austria. Sounds like you're having a blast, I can't wait to see you when you get home (or if we're lucky, while we're both abroad!)!