Sunday, December 21, 2008

Senior Year: First Semester Highlights

I can't believe that the first semester of my senior year in college is already over! These last couple months brought a lot of fun into the lives of the 24/7 residents (nicknamed because of our address, 247 13th Street): off-campus parties, dressing up in costumes (our favorite pastime), and spending lots of quality time doing crazy things together. 

On the other hand, it was also a very challenging and time consuming semester in regards to schoolwork. All of the roommates seemed to be overwhelmed around Thanksgiving break, especially since we all sat around during the Norovirus epidemic. Whoops. Nevertheless, we all finished the semester with heads held high and with senioritis in our hearts.

Here are just a couple pictures (ok, maybe 8) of my favorite moments from this semester:

The first week of school: classic picture of the roommates in action.

Out at the Curragh with the music kids!

Our first Toga party.

Our first rager (just kidding, only a small *cough* house party).

Homecoming with the couples!

Mmm...coffee at the Intelligentsia roasting tour.

Mom and Dad at Cosley Animal Farm.

Michael, Hank, Brent, Lama and I at Fall Crawl!

24/7 as "Japanimazing"!

This is our great attempt at dressing like Japanese anime characters. Costumes courtesy of the Hope College costume sale.

Michael and I enjoying breakfast and a morning stroll through Saugatuck.

Conducting the Hope College Collegium Musicum at our fall concert.

Woohoo! Gotta love those robes.

Singing with the choir at Vespers (note my solo stance, front left).

Everyone up front.

The music education majors at our professor's house (also notice the tshirt I'm wearing, designed by myself and Mari Jo...we're pretty proud).

More music students at Professor Randel's.

Set up in the music library. Did you laugh? I bet you didn't. It's ok, I only laughed because I'm a music dork and we love that kind of crap.

Hoping that next semester brings just as much fun as this semester did! 

No comments: